Craver is a mobile app platform for the restaurant industry. We help local restaurants engage their customers with a mobile app that is branded for their restaurants. With best-in-class features such as mobile ordering, payment, rewards and loyalty and more, we help them retain and grow their loyal customer base. We are working with local brands such as Railtown Cafe and many brands across North America.
Craver experienced record growth in 2020 and has been named one of the 11 Canadian Tech Companies to Watch in 2021.
We are looking to make our first Product Management hire on the Craver team, where you will work closely with the Customer Success, Engineering, and Executive teams to drive the product vision. You will be directly reporting to the CEO, our Chief Product visionary. You will be the champion for the customer and a subject matter expert for Craver products; always championing the customer problem, understanding how they impact the business, and backing it up with data and insights. As the first member of the Product team, you should be comfortable in taking on the day-to-day product management tasks as well as working on higher-level strategic direction of our product.
What you’ll do:
Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Partner with functional teams, Leadership & Engineering to build and own the product strategy and roadmap.
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for our products, new features, and improvements that align to both the product strategy and the company strategy.
- Translating product roadmaps and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts.
- Attending daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your agile team(s).
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule deliverables and task breakdowns, and drive cross-team implementation to meet schedules. Coordinate the execution and delivery of the product and features with Engineering, Marketing, and Executive leadership.
- Regularly interact with customers and to use data to inform and shape your ideas.
- Analyze and track competitors, and stay on top of industry and market trends. Identify, analyze, and prioritize high-impact opportunities.
- Leverage our functional, design, and engineering expertise to identify and detail-out effective solutions.
- Accelerate business growth through research and experimentation; testing innovative new solutions and experiences with customers to see what works and what doesn’t by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data points.
- Generate innovative ways to establish Craver as a leading digital customer engagement platform. Bridge short-term execution and long-term vision. Establish success metrics and the strategies that drive them.
- Contribute to continuously improving Craver’s product management capabilities. You will emerge as a go-to problem solver and partner in achieving business results.
- You inspire and influence those around you toward a shared objective by providing clear context and specification of customer problems to your teams. You ensure that their time is well spent on work that reflects customer and market needs.
- You will define, forecast, analyze, and report on the metrics that determine the success of product initiatives.
- Staying current and knowledgeable about the market landscape and products competitive to Craver. Establish reviews at each stage to ensure your initiatives are meeting their objectives as they progresses through product phases.
Who You are:
- A background in software or similar fields, with at least 3 years of Product Management experience.
- Demonstrated history of effective partnerships with functional leadership, Engineers and Designers.
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable in unstructured situations. You thrive in ambiguity and are driven by solving customer problems that have impact on the business.
- Ability to bring people together, develop trust and challenge them to deliver outstanding results.
- Impeccable follow-through: You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well: You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Communication as an art form: You’re just as comfortable presenting highly technical concepts to the whole company, as you are writing documentation for customer-facing teams. You are clear and effective.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and working with scrum teams.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with mobile ordering, online ordering, or related products.
- Experience with open API platforms and mobile SDKs.
- Experience with Self-served portals.
- Background or experience with User Interface, and User Experience.
Working with us:
- A positive, supportive and friendly work environment with reasonably flexible hours with an engaged team that are making things happen, not just punching in the clock.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- Opportunity to grow the Product team and lead the Product function of Craver.
- Company support for relevant training and conference participation.
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage, dental, etc.
- Stock-options, quarterly and annual bonus.